Monday, June 18, 2007

A Dream of a Different Saba

A couple nights ago I laid down to sleep at about 2 a.m. and my wife woke me up at about 4 a.m.

I was in the middle of a dream. I was with some friends listening to music. It may have been a bar-b-q. A nice song came on and we began talking about it. Half of my friends couldn't understand the words. I listened for a minute or so and said I knew the song, in fact, "I have it on a CD called..."

That's the point my wife woke me up. As I got up and talked to my wife and my daughter G....., I began to realize how amazing the dream really was. It may sound pretty boring, but it's not. The song that was playing was Nicole Saba's Bahebak Awy. I had come across the video of the song on youtube while looking for videos of the other Saba that I had dreamt of.

The song was reproduced perfectly in my dream... as far as I could tell. After listening to the song just once my mind was able to play it back while I dreamed... in full, with all the sounds and words and even precise inflection and backup singers. I know I've read that there's a lot of information stored in our brains, but, damn! If I had dreamed this dream a year from now I probably wouldn't remember where that song entered my brain. All of that random dream stuff is seaming less random now. Still plenty amazing, but it all might have source memories! When? How?


No comments: